Secret, Special, Summer Fruit Salad
Updated: Aug 12, 2018
This recipe is a perfect way to end your summer.
It's refreshing, delicious and healthy!
Presenting....Summer fruit salad!
I know what you may be thinking, wasn't there already a fruit salad as a recipe before on Shalom? Yes there was. However my special, secret ingredient wasn't there so it isn't considered. I'm adding a recipe for a crunch that you can add to the fruit salad. Personally, I love it without the crunch but adding it definitely gives the salad a spin.
For this recipes you'll need:
Any fruits you love!
My very special secret ingredient, jam of any kind! My favorite jam is the one my grandmother introduced me to: White cherry jam. It's amazing! I got it from my local Jewish-Russian grocery store because it's a Russian company that makes it.
Don' t worry, the hechser is the OU, so enjoy!
I like to put in:
two cups of watermelon, cubed
one peach, cubed
one cup cherries, pitted
one cup grapes, halved
one banana, sliced
one apple, cubed
two small tangerines, seperated
But any favorite fruit would be just as great!
1. Cut up all of your fruits and place them in a bowl.
2. Mix them together and then get out your favorite fruit jam. Spoon out a few spoons of just the syrupy goodness, leaving behind the actual fruit and add it to your salad. I put in around two-three table spoonfuls.
3. When you are done, you can make a delicious crunch or just leave it as is and enjoy! To make the crunch:
2 1/2 cups crispy rice cereal
1 1/2 cups chopped nuts
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup margarine, melted and cooled
1. Place nuts and cereal into a bowl, add in the sugar and margarine.
2. Bake on 350 for 10 to 15 minutes, until they are crunchy.
3. Sprinkle them on top of your salad and enjoy!
I hope you enjoy this recipe and even try to make it on your own. I would love to see your creations and hear any feedback or comments. If you would like me to try out any recipes you have, feel free to email: email@example.com.
Pictures should also be sent here.